Lip piercings immediately grab attention. Usually, representatives of the underground adorn themselves this way, who generally love all sorts of body modifications. However, there are exceptions. Often the face is pierced by young girls of model appearance, who so express their individuality.
Some people do piercing as a sign of turning points in their lives, others to attract attention, and others experiment with their appearance. It’s good that, compared to the same tunnels, this is a very gentle type of body tuning. A well-made lip piercing leaves no scars or scars. After removing the jewelry, the puncture heals quickly and accurately.
Types and names of lip piercing
For people who are far from this art, tuning will differ only in the type of jewelry – “ring,” “carnation,” “star,” etc. Lip piercing options vary primarily in the location of the jewelry and not its design.
The technique of the puncture also differs depending on the location, as well as the sensations during the procedure
All types of piercings divide according to the puncture location and the design of the jewelry used. These are entirely different things and should not be confused.
According to the type of puncture, there are types of piercing:
The name of this type of piercing gives by the famous birthmark of Marilyn Monroe above the upper lip (by the way, the pop queen Madonna has the same). The puncture is done 2-3 cm above the lip, always on the side; the side does not matter. Such piercing looks very gentle and flirty and is suitable, probably, for absolutely all girls. Guys rarely do such piercing; it is an exclusively female type of lip piercing.
NB: The Madonna piercing is similar but worn on the right-hand side.
Here, the jewelry is also located in a limited area – under the tip of the nose, in the groove above the upper lip. This piercing is unisex; that is, it is equally popular among both sexes. A type of jellyfish is estrum, in which part of the decoration is in the groove and position in the lip itself.
Confusion often arises with this type of lip piercing. The fact is that the piercing itself is called a labret, and the jewelry design for it is in the form of a barbell with a ball at one end and a flat disc at the other. The puncture, in this case, is located either under the lower lip or passes through it – vertically or horizontally.
The aesthetics largely depend on the chosen decoration. A horizontal labret in the form of a crystal or a tiny metal droplet looks neat and modest. Still, a vertical or horizontal puncture with a massive banana or a barbell looks much more provocative. Usually, rockers and other creative personalities adorn themselves this way.
Something in between a lower lip and chin piercing. In this case, the decoration locates lower than with the labret, closer to the edge of the lower jaw.
An extravagant piercing. The needle pierces the center of the lower lip. Interestingly, one end of the earring remains inside the mouth; the other is pleasing to the eye of those around it. The puncture from “Ashley” grows long and hard.
The second name of the variety is vertical labret. This option is considered the safest and least traumatic. The needle passes through the border of the lower lip and gums and releases from above. The only thing to remember when deciding on such a piercing is that it will take a long time to heal.
And it’s not about the rehabilitation period after putting on an earring. Those who decide to part with the jewelry will have to walk for a very long time with a poorly overgrown hole in the lip. And it is not a fact that it will drag on completely.
Frenum piercing or smile
In this case, the jewelry inserted into the upper or lower lip’s frenum is not visible when the mouth is closed. Along with the vertical and horizontal labret, this is one of the most painful piercings. It looks awe-inspiring and a little aggressive.
In addition to all of the above types of lip modification, there are many more styles called “bites.” For example, the bite of a snake, dahlia, spider, dolphin, and so on. The most original of all existing bites is the dahlia bite. This type carries out by puncturing the corners of the oral cavity. Decorations a applied in the form of banana rings and half rings and thorns, micro – bananas.
What jewelry use for lip piercing?
- Barbell: Universal piercing jewelry – suitable for almost all types of piercing, except for the smiley. It is a metal rod with balls at the ends.
- Labret: Looks much like a barbell, only with a disc instead of a ball at one end. This part of the jewelry is the “purl” part and is always inside the lip. Like the barbell, it is an almost universal piece of jewelry.
- Banana: A type of barbell with a curved shaft. Most often used for types of puncture labret and smile.
- Ring: Everything is clear from the name here. There are piercing rings with and without inserts. Suitable for all types of labret.
- Circular: An open ring with decorative elements at the edges, most often balls YKof thorns. Suitable for labret and bridle piercing.
Lip care recommendations
Each type of piercing requires careful care and lip modification, even more so, because this is a susceptible area of the face. When treating a punctured site, you must remember that the puncture should process from both sides. It is crucial not to forget about rinsing the mouth with solutions that the master will recommend.
Let’s take a closer look at lip modification processing:
- The mucous membrane must wipe off without fail; the most suitable remedy is “Miramistin”;
- Separate attention should be paid to rinsing the mouth with unique solutions, for example, “Stomatitis”;
- For several weeks, carefully clean the jewelry with Chlorhexidine;
- During the first day, it is impossible to moisten the puncture site; in extreme cases, it is first necessary to lubricate the earring with ointment, on a greasy basis;
- Within a few days, the puncture site may turn red, and slight swelling may also form; to remove this symptom, it is necessary to make compresses using Miramistin;
- Until the puncture completely heal, you must refrain from lipsticks, balms, and other lip products;
- Try to touch the piercing less unnecessarily and not allow the injury to the punctured area.
Effects of lip piercing
The main consequences of lip piercing include swelling, decay, or infection. In case of neglect, it is necessary to remove the earring, apply a compress with antiseptic preparations to the puncture site, and take more careful care of the punctured area of the body.
But it is worth noting that the puncture can fester not only from poor maintenance, metal earrings or their weight may also not fit. A heavily heavy piece of jewelry pulls the skin away, preventing it from fully recovering. In this case, the decoration must replace with a lighter version. If the metal jewelry did not fit, it is also worth choosing another alloy: gold, silver, or a medical alloy.