2019 ranking of the most powerful passports in the world
For the second time in a row, Japan is at the top of the list of the most powerful passports in the world. Indeed, the “Henley Passport Index” proposes a classification of the passports according to the number of countries to which they give access without visa in advance.
The rankings are also based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), supplemented by research from Henley & Partners.
Japan retains its first place with the world’s most user-friendly passport for travel, it has the access to 190 countries. The American passport loses a place and the British passport loses two places. They both hold the 6th position, tied with five other countries.
Below you will find a complete list of the worlds’ top 10 that does not contain any African country.
- Japan (190 countries)
- Singapore, South Korea (189)
- France, Germany (188)
- Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden (187)
- Luxembourg, Spain (186)
- Austria, Country Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, Switzerland, USA (185)
- Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland (184)
- Czech Republic (183)
- Malta (182)
- Australia, Iceland, New Zealand Zeeland (181)