A sedentary lifestyle leads to problems not only with the spine but also with digestion. In particular, blood circulation is disturbed, and food begins to be poorly absorbed, provoking overweight.
Afrinik offers several recipes that will help you stay healthy, slim and beautiful.
4 healthy foods for those who move little
General nutrition rules
• You should include a lot of vegetables in your diet, as they saturate the body with vitamins, minerals and fiber, which stimulates digestion.
• Give up unhealthy snacks in the form of buns, sandwiches, donuts and other baked goods. They saturate literally for half an hour, after which you again experience a feeling of hunger. It is better to give preference to more useful products – vegetables, fruits, nuts, dried fruits. Bread or completely excluded from the diet or replaced with whole grains.
• Drink at least one and a half liters of water per day (the specific figure is calculated based on your weight). It improves metabolism, removes toxins, toxins and other harmful substances.
• The menu should include cereals and protein products (milk, beans, meat). In addition to the useful composition, they have another obvious plus – such products saturate for a long time.
• The diet should include a lot of dairy products. Yogurt without additives, kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese – they contain beneficial bacteria that can normalize microflora and improve digestive processes.
• Reduce the amount of fast food and confectionery you eat. Also, on the black list should include fried foods. To prevent this from negatively affecting your mood and not having to seriously test your willpower, arrange a cheat meal once a week. It is a planned diet break where you can afford to enjoy a slice of cheesecake, a burger with fries, or baked rolls.
• The diet should include both saturated and unsaturated fats. Only the first should be no more than 5% (meat, cheese, butter). The fact is that it is unsaturated fats that are necessary for building body cells and regulating metabolic processes. They are found in nuts, avocados, soybeans, palm oil, etc.
• Skip eating around the corner or buying cakes. It will be much more useful to take food from home. So you can control its composition and calorie content.
Recipe 1: Cauliflower Soup
To prepare for the first course, you will need:
• one chicken breast;
• one carrot;
• one stalk of celery;
• one onion;
• three cloves of garlic;
• one medium head of cauliflower;
• salt and pepper to taste;
• Greek yogurt for serving;
• fresh parsley for decoration.
First, you need to cook the broth. To do this, wash the chicken breast, cut it into cubes and send it to a large saucepan. Pour water into a container and place it on the stove. While it boils, cut the vegetables into large cubes and add them to the pan along with chopped garlic. When the broth boils, remove the foam, salt, pepper and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes to make it saturated.
After the time has elapsed, remove the cooked chicken breast and carrots, strain the broth. Add the cauliflower to the pot and cook with the carrots for about 20 minutes. When the cabbage is ready, puree the ingredients with a blender.
When serving, add a little Greek yogurt, a few pieces of chicken and chopped parsley to each bowl of soup. Can be eaten with whole grain bread or croutons.
Recipe 2: Avocado Toast
This snack will be Mediterranean in style and will be a great substitute for unhealthy sausage and cheese sandwiches.
So, you need to prepare the following products:
• four slices of bread (preferably whole grain);
• four pieces of slightly salted red fish (salmon, pink salmon);
• one avocado;
• some lemon juice;
• four tablespoons of ricotta;
• a handful of spinach and parsley.
Slices of bread must be dried in a toaster. If it is not available, use the help of an oven or a frying pan. The main thing is not to use oil. Peel the avocado, remove the pit and cut it into thin slices. Spread the ricotta on the finished bread slices, put the spinach on top, a couple of avocado slices and sprinkle everything with lemon juice. The last layer is the fish. Garnish the finished toast with parsley and serve.
Please note: If you eat these toasts for breakfast, do not drink them with store-bought juice. The fact is that it is an aggressive environment for our stomachs. The sugar included in the composition is quickly absorbed into the blood, producing a lot of insulin. After a few hours, the sugar will drop, and the brain will ask for more.
Recipe 3: Grilled Chicken Fajitas
This is a Tex-Mex dish, which is fried meat with vegetables, wrapped in a wheat tortilla (tortilla). In the absence of the latter, you can use pita bread.
So, you will need:
• two chicken breasts;
• bunch of cilantro;
• one bell pepper;
• one red onion;
• one teaspoon of smoked paprika;
• two grams of zira;
• lime juice;
• a tablespoon of olive oil;
• salt and pepper to taste;
• four tortillas;
• 150 milliliters of natural yogurt without additives;
• 60 grams of cheddar cheese;
• one chili pepper;
• twenty cherry tomatoes;
• one avocado.
Don’t be intimidated by the amount of ingredients – the preparation process is very simple. The first thing to do is prepare the salsa. Finely dice half a chili pepper and ten tomatoes, chop a third of the cilantro and mix the ingredients in one bowl. Salt, pepper, sprinkle with lime juice.
The next step is guacamole. The remaining tomatoes should be crushed on a cutting board, and the rest of the cilantro and pepper should be cut here. Divide the avocado into two parts, remove the stone, then collect the pulp and chop it together with the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients in one bowl and let it brew for five to ten minutes.
Peel the bell pepper from the seeds, cut it and the onion into thin strips. Grind the chicken breasts the same way. Mix everything in one container, add cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, juice of half a lime, olive oil, and leave to marinate for ten minutes.
After the time has elapsed, heat the grill pan, grease the bottom with a little olive oil and fry the meat with vegetables. This will take approximately eight minutes in total. At the end, sprinkle everything with lime juice. Warm the tortillas, fill them with the filling, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and serve with salsa and guacamole.
Recipe 4: Shrimp Pasta
If you’ve been looking for a quick and tasty dinner recipe all this time, congratulations – you’ve found it! Pasta with shrimp, tomatoes and basil perfectly saturates but does not contain empty calories.
Before you start cooking, prepare the products:
• 700 grams of shrimp;
• six teaspoons of olive oil;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 400 grams of canned tomatoes (in pieces);
• 400 grams of cherry tomatoes;
• 100 grams of basil;
• 250 grams of linguini pasta;
• black pepper and coarse salt to taste.
Salt and pepper the shrimp and leave for five to ten minutes to marinate. Next, put a frying pan on the stove, add four teaspoons of olive oil, wait until it heats up, and fry the shrimp on both sides until golden brown. Three minutes will be enough—transfer seafood to a bowl.
In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil, fry the chopped garlic for half a minute, add the canned tomatoes and 400 milliliters of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly. After the time has elapsed, remove from heat and put the cherry tomatoes, cut in half. The sauce is ready.
Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil on the stove, season with salt and cook the pasta until al dente so that it remains slightly firm. Drain liquid, add spaghetti tomato sauce, shrimp and randomly chopped basil leaves. You can serve to the table!