Stress is a factor that often affects our lives. According to the National Institutes of Health, work, relationships, and financial problems are some of the most common causes of stress.
Dr Srini, a Harvard psychiatrist and has written many books on human behaviour. In a recent discussion, he mentioned how the most successful people manage stress, explaining that the secret is that they have confidence in themselves and are committed to being able to accomplish what they want successfully.
This means that you do not always need to know your destination, and if you make the wrong turn on your trip, it is customary to recognize it and move on. At the same time, because you have confidence in yourself, your attention is not distracted by any difficulties that may arise. Happiness is not “Out there”. It’s something you create yourself.
Here are some tips on how successful people are at managing stress
- Sleep in the afternoon: even a little. 5-15 minutes of sleep can provide 1-3 hours of clarity.
- Keeping a notebook :(even in group meetings) can help focus and improve memory by 29%.
- Think of something beautiful: Start imagining that you are on the beach, for example, and then let your mind go. This wandering can be helpful for the brain to get better ideas.
- Use self-discussion: Studies have shown that it can help us find the solution we want when we talk to ourselves.
- Talk to a third person: Talking to a friend can boost self-confidence and relieve stress.
- Finally, try to write about everything you feel grateful for, and you will feel calmer at the end of the day