Common myths about the human body

sources are not always reliable. This article will share 10 of the most common myths about the human body that will surely surprise you.

Myth 1

It is believed that it is better not to wake sleepwalkers, as this can disturb their psyche due to a sudden awakening.

This is a misconception; more harm can be caused by injury from a collision with a doorframe if a person is not woken up. But it would help if you did it gently and then helped him return to bed.

Myth 2

If you jump into icy water, you can catch a cold. There is no evidence to support this. Yes, viruses are most common in winter during periods of low humidity, but the likelihood of getting sick is much higher in an enclosed space with many people.

The only thing that cold can do is to lower the body’s resistance to the infection that is already in the body.

Myth 3

After a person dies, his nails and hair continue to grow for some time. This is a delusion; after death, a person’s skin becomes dehydrated and compressed, and therefore it seems that nails and hair have become longer

Myth 4

If you shave off your hair, the re-growing hair will be thicker and darker. Another misconception: Unshaven hair narrows over time, and therefore it seems thinner than growing back.

In addition, over time, the hair becomes lighter due to the sun, giving the impression that the new hair is darker.

Myth 5

Split ends can be treated with conditioner or shampoo. A delusion, it is impossible to get rid of the split ends in any way except by cutting them off. A good shampoo or conditioner can protect your hair, but it doesn’t get rid of split ends.

Myth 6

Men think about s3x every seven seconds. If this were true, it would be impossible to concentrate on necessary things like work and much else.

Fortunately, this is not true, and scientists have repeatedly proven that this statement is very much exaggerated.

Myth 7

Different parts of the tongue are responsible for different taste sensations. The idea that taste buds in other tongue areas distinguish between sweet, sour, tasty, and salty has been debated for decades but proven false. Each area of the tongue can experience all sensations.

The idea of a language map, in general, arose from an incorrect translation of a German scientific work by a Harvard professor.

Myth 8

A person uses only 10% of his brain. Psychologist William James metaphorically used the idea of 10% of the brain in 1800. The idea was picked up, misinterpreted as if the other 90% of the brain is not being used at all. In fact, this 10% are used alternately from different brain parts, and without the remaining 90%, their work is impossible.

Myth 9

Sugar makes kids hyperactive. It is not valid! 12 large-scale experiments have been carried out, during which it was proved that there is no connection between children’s behavior and sugar consumption. Research has been done on sugar from candy, chocolate, and natural sources. Even when researching those thoughts to be sugar sensitive, no changes in behavior were found.

Myth 10

Warts can appear after contact with an animal. Human warts are caused by a virus that only affects humans – the papilloma (papilloma). They cannot be transmitted from animals with warts, and even more so from toads.

As you can see from the above myths, not everything we think is true! Many misconceptions exist in society, but over time, everything becomes clear. After all, once people thought that three whales supported the Earth

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button


Your browser could not load this page, use Chrome browser or disable AdBlock