How social media can create a problem in your work
Undoubtedly, social media has done well in our daily lives. They inform us and keep us in close contact with our friends. It is also a means by which one can advertise one’s work at no cost if one wishes.
However, many times social media can catch your interest for quite some time. This results in you being distracted from your work and wasting time in front of your computer screen.
But have you considered that your boss or your colleagues may be controlling you? It’s good to know that no matter how many settings you make to block different people from your profile, there is a way for them to see your movements, your shares, how much time you’ve spent on them.
So it would not be so pleasant to find out from others that you are pretty involved in things that are not so much about your work. It may result in your salary being reduced and even result in you losing your job.
Control the amount of social media usage you do and especially when you are at work. Besides, don’t forget that everything needs moderation in your life.
And if you want to know if you are addicted to social media, check out the following signs
- The first thing you do when you wake up is to check your updates.
- You can’t part with your phone, even in the bathroom.
- Your friends are informed of your promotion, that you broke up or that you became an aunt via a tweet or a related photo on Instagram.
- You check-in everywhere.
- First, you take a picture and post your food on Instagram, and then you eat.
- You’re obsessed with selfies, and you know exactly how to stand
- You’re open to the idea of breaking up via chat.
If you’re exhibiting several of the above signs, then things are problematic. Turn off your phone and enjoy the days of rest and carefree. It would help if you had it.