How to save eyesight if we are forced to use gadgets constantly in modern life? Fortunately, the myth that radiation from smartphones is harmful to health has already been dispelled. But it turned out that devices emit the blue spectrum of the color that harms us. Is it so dangerous, and should you give up your favorite technique?
How to keep your eyesight
Who among us doesn’t like to spend time flipping through the news feed on social networks or while away an hour or two watching your favorite TV series? But while we are resting, our eyes are overstrained, which is due to the very blue light emitted by gadgets.
People who are forced to work in front of the monitor for a long time are at the greatest risk. How can you preserve your vision without abandoning modern technology?
What is this “blue light,” and how it can affect vision
Eyes suffer precisely from the blue glow emanating from gadgets. This light is a form of electromagnetic radiation in the visible spectrum. We contact it every time we look at the screen of a computer, laptop or use a smartphone or tablet.
If you spend too much time in front of screens, your eyesight may suffer without special protection. Blue light can penetrate the structure of the eye. Because of this, the so-called “visual fatigue” occurs, which is accompanied by a feeling of “grit” in the eyes, dry eyes, blurred images, and even headaches. In the future, all this is fraught with the occurrence of retinal diseases and visual impairments.
Plus, blue light affects not only vision but our overall well-being. If you use gadgets before bed, you may feel overwhelmed and tired in the morning. This is because blue light interferes with melatonin production, and you fall asleep much later than you planned. And regular lack of sleep leads to memory impairment and the inability to concentrate on the tasks at hand.
Tips for preserving vision
What should be done to save eyesight?
- Organize your workplace correctly. The monitor should be about sixty centimeters from your eyes. Decrease the screen brightness to fifty percent.
- Use special filters. Modern models already have a blue filter. You can also find a film that drowns out harmful electromagnetic radiation on sale. By using it, you can avoid eye strain.
- Buy eye drops. Feeling very tired after work? Use eye drops called artificial tears. A penny remedy will quickly moisturize the mucous membrane and relieve irritation.
- Take breaks while working. Ophthalmologists say that you need to switch your gaze from the screen to more distant objects every twenty minutes. The exercise should be done for at least fifteen seconds. It will be useful to do other exercises such as rotational eye movements. If possible, take a walk down the street during your break.
- Use goggles with lenses to protect against blue radiation. They do not let it through to the retina, so you can safely use gadgets even before going to bed, without fear that you will have insomnia.
These simple guidelines will help you preserve your vision, although you often have to use the technique. But do not forget that you need to visit an ophthalmologist at least once a year. This will help to identify and prevent possible eye diseases in time.